June was a crazy month. I had two weeks of reading training up north, then my dissertation defense, then more training up north the fourth week. I haven’t had a chance to rest yet, really, but I did manage to read 10 books.
- Saints and Misfits by S. K. Ali
- With the Fire on High by Elizabeth Acevedo
- There’s Something About Sweetie by Sandhya Menon
- They Call Me Güero by David Bowles
- Meaty by Samantha Irby
- Educated by Tara Westover
- Other Words for Home by Jasmine Warga
- Meg, Jo, Beth, and Amy by Rey Terciero
- I Just Want to Say Good Night by Rachel Isadora
- 5 O’clock Band by Trombone Shorty
With the Fire on High was probably my favorite, though I also didn’t want to put down There’s Something About Sweetie. I think I’m a sucker for a good rom com.
What was your favorite June read?