In my effort to write more, I’m going to tackle this week’s Top Ten Tuesday, even though it’s Wednesday. Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by Jana @ That Artsy Reader Girl. This week’s topic is books that we’ve abandoned for whatever reason.
I don’t often abandon books — I’m really picky about what I start, so I’m going to do 10 books I want to read but am not ready to read for whatever reason. All ten of these books come from The Stack (my TBR) and are in no particular order.
- The Grace Year by Kim Liggett — So… I actually forgot that I put this on The Stack and it came in from the library recently. I thought it was something someone else checked out, so I left it alone. Yeah. It was recommended to me by my friend Morgan. Oops.
- Let Me Hear a Rhyme by Tiffany L. Jackson — I honestly don’t know why I keep putting this off. I’ve loved everything I’ve read by Jackson.
- Other People’s English — I need to get a copy of this. I think it would be fascinating.
- Rayne & Delilah’s Midnite Matinee by Jeff Zentner — I’ve started this book twice. I don’t know why I’m not feeling it. I still have both an audio and a digital copy, so I’m sure I’ll get to it at some point.
- Rebel (Legend #4) by Marie Lu — It’s been so long since I read the original that I’m reluctant to start this one without reading the first three again.
- So You Want to Talk About Race by Ijeoma Oluo — Truth: sometimes I’m afraid of being criticized for being too interested issues of race. It’s happened before, and while I know apprehension of further related conversation is irrational, it’s still there.
I also have a tendency to get distracted. Shiny new book? Yeah, I’ll go this way instead of that way.
There you go. Six books from The Stack that I’m avoiding for whatever reason. What was on your list?