It’s the end of January, and I’m pleased to say that I’m keeping up with my reading resolutions (which I’m going to try to keep linking back to here just so I remember them myself).
I read 18 books in January. Here’s the rundown.
- Red: A Crayon’s Story by Michael Hall
- Spork by Kyo Maclear, illustrated by Isabelle Arsenault
- Heather has Two Mommies by Leslea Newman, illustrated by Laura Cornell
- Dreamers by Yuyi Morales
- Be Who You Are by Todd Parr
- The Rough-Face Girl by Rafe Martin and David Shannon
- Niño Wrestles the World by Yuyi Morales
- Rudas: Niño’s Horrendous Hermanitas by Yuyi Morales
- Those Shoes by Maribeth Boelts, illustrated by Noah Z. Jones
- Jabari Jumps by Gabi Cornwall
- A Different Pond by Bao Phi, illustrated by Thi Bui
- The Invisible Boy by Trudy Ludwig, illustrated by Patrice Barton
Middle Grade & YA Novels
- You Don’t Know Everything Jilly P by Alex Gino
- Mirage by Somaiya Daud
- The Lady’s Guide to Petticoats and Piracy by Mackenzi Lee
- #NotYourPrincess: Voice of Native American Women
- Once Ghosted, Twice Shy by Alyssa Coles
- Saga, Vol. 6 by Brian K. Vaughan, illustrated by Fiona Staples
Overall, I’m pretty happy with my reading this month. I’m proud of myself for really stepping out of my comfort zone and reading an adult romance novel. It wasn’t anything like what I expected.