2018 comes to a close, and with it, a reflective look on the books I read in 2018. According to Goodreads, I read 80 books in 2018. I know that’s not entirely accurate — but it’s a nice place to start. [Edit: This is also a Top Ten Tuesday topic, which I didn’t realize when this post was written. We’ll add a link to there as well.]
Here’s a little bit about my Year in Books.
Of the books I read in 2018, here are my top 10 favorite reads, in no particular order.
- Children of Blood and Bone by Tomi Adeyemi
- Darius the Great is Not Okay by Adib Khorram
- A Blade So Black by L. L. McKinney
- Blanca & Roja by Anna-Marie McLemore
- Pride by Ibi Zoboi
- The Belles by Dhonielle Clayton
- Rebound by Kwame Alexander
- The Poet X by Elizabeth Acevedo
- Let’s Talk About Love by Claire Kann
- Dread Nation by Justina Ireland