It seems like, lately, I’ve been behind the times when it comes to hyped books. I’m not as active on Twitter (where I used to get all this information) as I used to be. But sometimes I stumble upon books that have been hyped, or end up reading books I didn’t know were surrounded in hype.
For example, I saw the cover reveal for Children of Blood and Bone, and sent a tweet to a friend of mine telling her that we needed to read it. Based off of the cover. I didn’t hear anything else about it until it came out, and didn’t see any of Tomi Adeyemi’s appearances until after I’d read it (I love her Instagram, by the way).
All of that said, here are ten books that I felt lived up to whatever hype I saw around them. These are in no particular order
- Warcross by Marie Lu
- Ghost, Patina, and Sunny (series) by Jason Reynolds
- Dear Martin by Nic Stone
- Children of Blood and Bone by Tomi Adeyemi
- The Gentleman’s Guide to Vice and Virtue by Mackenzi Lee
- Dread Nation by Justina Ireland
- The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas
- When Dimple Met Rishi by Sandhya Menon
- Another Brooklyn by Jacqueline Woodson
- Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli (and that whole series so far)
What books do you think lived up to the hype? If you did a TTT, leave me a link so I can visit you. Happy reading!