So I take a look at today’s Top Ten Tuesday topic from Jana @ That Artsy Reader Girl and I think, “This is going to be cake.” Not so, grasshopper. Best character names are hard. So I’ll do this: I’m going to start my list with character names that I’ve used to name my instruments, then I’ll fill in the rest of the list with other names that I like.
Sound good? Let’s go.
- Taeko from Huntress by Malinda Lo
- Faranji from Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor
- Karou from Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor
My saxophones have names related to saxophone things, but I am in the market for a new name for my ukulele. Here are some prospects:
- Inigo from The Princess Bride by William Goldman
- Earnest Worthing from The Importance of Being Earnest by Oscar Wilde
- Blue Sargent from The Raven Cycle by Maggie Stiefvater
- Jazz Dent from I Hunt Killers series by Barry Lyga
- Shazi from The Wrath and the Dawn by Renée Ahdieh
- Elias from An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir
- Skullduggery Pleasant from Skullduggery Pleasant series by Derek Landy
I’ve narrowed it down to Inigo and Shazi. What do you think I should name my ukulele?