People who have known me as a reader for a while know that I talk a lot of mess about how I’m not a fan of historical fiction. I’m trying not to say this anymore, because it’s really not true – especially since I’m so very selective about the novels I read anymore. So here are my favorite historical fiction novels in no particular order.
- Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein
- Countdown by Deborah Wiles (Series)
- One Crazy Summer by Rita Williams-Garcia (Series)
- Kindred by Octavia Butler
- Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Septys
- Revolution by Jennifer Donnelly
- Antebellum by R. Kayeen Thomas
- The Diviners by Libba Bray (Series)
- Razorhurst by Justine Larbalastier
- The Future of Us by Jay Asher and Carolyn Mackler
I am 100% certain that I forgot something I absolutely loved. What are your favorite historical fiction novels?
Check out The Broke and the Bookish for more Top Ten Tuesday!