I went back and looked at my Fall TBR and found that I didn’t do to well, only reading 3/10. Sometimes I think I have a reading agenda and then I get sidetracked by other shiny books, or books that other people have suggested, and don’t read what I planned to.
More likely, I forget what I said I was going to read. For this Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, I’m going to adapt and say it’s six books that are high on my reading agenda as it currently stands.
6. Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi. This is sitting on my desk right now. I checked it out from the library. For the record, I hate returning books I haven’t read.
5. Rose Under Fire by Elizabeth Wein. I said I was going to read this one when I did my November TBR, and there’s no school for the rest of this week…
4. Blue Lily, Lily Blue by Maggie Stiefvater making a reappearance on a TBR list. And bonus? I have a copy now.
3. A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith. Reading this one with the Nerdfighteria Online Book Club. I’m only about 6% in and I should be done by the end of the month. Perhaps I should get to it.
2. Antebellum: A Novel by R. Kayeen Thomas. I believe this will stoke the fire of the anger I’m harboring about recent events in the news. Sometimes fires need stoking.
1. Brown Girl Dreaming by Jacqueline Woodson. It is no secret in my house that I want to read this one badly. So badly that I would drop whatever else I was reading to read it. It’s part controversy and part I’ve loved Jacqueline Woodson since If You Come Softly.
Read any of these? Want to? Did a Top Ten Tuesday? Let me know in the comments.