I am definitely a rereader. I do most of my rereading in the form of audiobooks. It’s a nice way to fill the empty spaces with stories that I love. So here are the top 10 books I love to reread, as well as a few I’d like to reread.
As always, Top 10 Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. You can find out more about them here. And now on to my list.
10. My Most Excellent Year by Steve Kluger. This one has appeared on a number of my lists; I love the characters, especially Hucky.
9. Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein. I LOVE this story. It makes me cry every time. The women who narrate it are also phenomenal.
8. The Martian by Andy Weir. I haven’t actually reread this one yet but I will be in the near future. I’m trying to convince my carpool to listen to it when we finish Divergent. Hands down, the best book I’ve read this year.
7. Croak (series) by Gina Damico. Sometimes I get in moods and watch Dead Like Me over and over again (along with Gilmore Girls and Lois & Clark). The Croak series turns those same pages.
6. Reality Boy by A. S. King. I want to reread this one so badly. I loved it the first go round and wish I had time for another shot at it.
5. More than This by Patrick Ness. I blame this one on one of my coworkers. She created a poster for English Expo yesterday that had a bookstack, and More Than This was on it. I may have to break down for the audio on this one.
4. The Name of the Star by Maureen Johnson. When I can’t sleep, I listen to this book over and over again, recalling my first read when I was terrified but couldn’t put it down.
3. A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness. I totally didn’t plan for Ness to occupy two spots, but A Monster Calls is another one of those stories that I can’t help but listen to over and over again. Jason Issacs does this one, and it’s amazingly heart-wrenching every time.
2. Harry Potter (series) by J. K. Rowling. I usually try to keep HP out of my lists, but this is a constant reread. I have audiobooks for all seven and love to listen to Jim Dale read about my favorite wizarding trio.
1. The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern. This is one of my favorite books. Sure, the characters are a little flat, but I don’t think, given their circumstances, they could be anything but. It’s a fantastic magical love story, that turns my HP-loving pages. Oh, and it’s read by Jim Dale.
What books do you frequently reread, or want to reread?