This week on The Broke and the Bookish, they’re asking for the Top 10 Characters who X, where X is any category we can think of. Instead of 10 from one category, I have 10 total, from a number of different categories.
Whose lives serve as a mirror into my own in some way
These aren’t the only characters, but they’re the ones who are closest to my heart right now.
1. Charlie from Perks of Being a Wallflower
2. Aristotle from Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe
Who I would have wanted to be friends with in high school
I was a nerdy musician, though I hadn’t really claimed my nerdiness.
3. Zusana from The Daughter of Smoke and Bone series. She’s small and feisty and effing hilarious.
4. Butter from Butter by Erin Jade Lange. He’s a jazz saxophonist. I’m a jazz saxophonist. We saxes would stick together.
Whose powers I’d like to have
I have a thing for superheroes. It started with Superman and never stopped.
5. Ruby from The Darkest Minds — I’d love to have the power to erase the stupid shite I’ve done from people’s minds. Then I don’t think I’d get so stressed out about not appearing as smart as I’d like.
6. Peter Petrelli from Heroes (I’m counting this one. I have the webcomic bind ups thanks very much.) Absorb all the powers. Enough said.
Who I Would Have Wanted to Date as a Teenager
This is a looking back kind of thing. If I were a teenager and know about myself what I know now…
7. Andi from Revolution by Jennifer Donnelly. People who play guitar = hot. And she has enough angst that I would have been totally interested as a teenager.
Who I Love to Hate
We all have these: characters who are so well written but are such colossal asshats that we can’t help but hate them.
8a. Professor Delores Umbrage from Harry Potter. While I abhor her teaching philosophy, I love hating Umbrage because she’s really acting for what she thinks is the best interest of the Wizarding community and the Ministry of Magic. Her actions aren’t malicious, just ignorantly misguided. And slightly racist.
8b. Rita Skeeter, also from Harry Potter. Really, need I say more?
Who Drive Me Crazy
I think this has to do with being annoyed with whiny teenage girls.
9. Bella from Twilight. I realize that girls can be however they want to be, however, I have difficulties when one’s entire world revolves around someone else (regardless of gender).
10. Emma from The Future of Us. So preoccupied with the future that she might have that she’s not living in the present at all. I was terrified of the future when I was her age, but there are so many things I got to do through band and choir, that I’m so glad that I was present for them.
What characters can you think of that fit my categories? Or fit into your own category?
– Posted using BlogPress from my iPad