In young adult fiction I read
- Amulet Vol. 5: Prince of the Elves by Kazu Kibuishi, which has since been read by two of my students and is on the shelf in my classroom
- Secrets, Lies & Algebra by Wendy Lichtman, the ebook edition. I’m considering adding this to the list of book of the month books at school for next year for it’s great math connections.
- Behemoth by Scott Westerfeld
- The Sorcerer’s Apprentice: A Junior Novel by James Ponti, which was our first book of the Month book at my school, designed to get kids interested
- This Dark Endeavor and Such Wicked Intent by Kenneth Oppel,
- Unwholly by Neal Shusterman, which is currently being read by one of my students
- Big Nate Goes For Broke by Lincoln Pierce, which is also being read by one of my students
- Every Day by David Levithan
- Scrawl by Mark Shulman and
- Dash & Lily’s Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan.