Here’s the video. Transcript with links below.
It’s been a busy month. Read 10 books, which puts me at 132 toward my goal of 200 this year, started making videos on a regular schedule, had conversations with two authors about their books, and started recording a new song inspired by Airborn by Kenneth Oppel and Leviathan by Scott Westerfeld.
Here are the 10 books I read this month:
- No Safety in Numbers by Dayna Lorentz — next week’s book talk Tuesday (I will update this post with a link then)
- Leviathan by Scott Westerfeld
- Ex machina Volume 1: The First Hundred Days by Brian Vaughn
- One for the Murphys by Lynda Mullaly Hunt
- Prisoner of Azkaban by J. K. Rowling
- Guitar Notes by Mary Amato
- You Killed Wesley Payne by Sean Beaudoin — which is now out in paperback
- Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury as part of the Nerdfighter Book Club
- The False Prince by Jennifer Neilsen and
- Huntress by Malinda Lo.
My favorites this month were One for the Murphys, which made me cry — particularly due the reference to the musical Wicked, which is one of my favorites, and Guitar Notes by Mary Amato, the music of which helped me find my muse and the motivation to go back to the song I’d abandoned in frustration. You’ve actually been listening to that song in the background. If you’re curious about any of the books I read this month, I compiled all the links in the blog post below.
Goodbye August, Hello September. And as always, happy reading, and don’t forget to be awesome.