When I was trying to decide what I was going to do with the bookshelf in my classroom this year, I thought about facing all of the books toward students, so they’d be more likely to go pick them up. And when I was thinking about organizing those books, I decided I wanted a themed shelf, or a shelf that helped students find books that they might like based on books that they’ve already read. Since they get such a kick out of the fact that I’m on YouTube, I’ve turned it into a (bi)weekly series. Here’s the first edition of Feature Shelf. Below the video, you’ll find links for more info on each of the books.
Feature Shelf #1: The Back to School Edition
- Hate List by Jennifer Brown http://bit.ly/jb-hate-list
- Schooled by Gordon Korman http://bit.ly/gk-schooled
- Sleeping Freshmen Never Lie by David Lubar http://bit.ly/dl-freshmen
- Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky http://bit.ly/sc-perks
- Tangerine by Edward Bloor http://bit.ly/eb-tangerine
Thoughts? Requests? Leave them in the comments. Check out the Feature Shelf archive for more episodes. https://thebooksupplier.com/featureshelf