In an effort to consoladate, I’m going to try my hand at creating a website. Some of my goals for this project:
- Create a place where all of my blog posts, whether they’re posted to the (book) supplier @ blogspot, the (book) supplier on tumblr, or Pursuit of Dr. Eli, come to be happy together. Two of the three have been imported, but I’m not sure it will continue. Will soon find out. If you’re interested in those book talks at all, check out the archives in the sidebar.
- Figure out how to get this wordpress blog to reroute to the domain name I purchased. It should be easier than I’m making it.
- If the importing doesn’t work, figure out how to post/edit from multiple blogs at once using MarsEdit — MarsEdit is the program I use on my computer to create blog posts. Once, I saw there the ability to edit pages, but I haven’t seen that in a while. Another thing to look into.
- Find out if I can make select Evernote notebooks public and post an RSS of those here, as well. (If I’m being honest, it’s only the book list notebook that I want to make public.)
- I’m not going to do anything with Twitter. There should be a feed in the sidebar that has my Tweets. I’m trying to decide if I want to put a different Twitter widget there, or if it will mess up the flow aesthetically.
On my drive home from campus today (and that takes an hour) this project just kept getting bigger and bigger. I don’t know if I’m going to get this to do all the things I want it to do, but it would be cool if it did.